Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Anna Eshoo (D-Palo Alto) endorses Barack Obama

Anna Eshoo (D-Palo Alto) just endorsed Barack Obama.

eshoo.jpgBarack Obama inspires me. He gives me hope. He appeals to the best in us and in doing so, he restores the sense of idealism that brought me to public service. He challenges us to dream bigger and reach farther.

He reminds me of the people in my district: innovative, collaborative, optimistic and dedicated to change as a way to make things better.

Senator Obama also reminds me of John Kennedy who inspired my generation to fight injustice at home and to be ambassadors for democracy around the world. And he recalls Robert Kennedy who sought to heal a dispirited and divided nation and touched those who saw him as their champion for social justice.

Senator Obama’s candidacy is historic, and so is the reaction to it. He has brought thousands of disaffected and skeptical people back into the political process and he has struck a chord with thousands of young voters. Still more are poised to participate in the days ahead.

Barrack Obama is a true son of America. The country needs the benefit of his extraordinary life experience, as well as his practiced policy and leadership skills. As someone who works in Washington, but who lives on the other side of the country, I know how deeply engrained the “old ways” of Washington are, and how they often exclude and dismiss the aspirations of our people.

His candidacy presents an opportunity we cannot afford to pass by. Years from now, I do not want to ask “what if….” That’s why I will do everything I can to see that Senator Obama wins the Democratic Party nomination and the Presidency of the United States.

No comments:

Popular Posts