Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oprah's fundraiser reportedly sold out

According to Lynn Sweet, Oprah's big celebrity fundraiser for Barack Obama has already sold out.

Even members of Obama's own finance committee are said to have received only seven tickets for the big bash on on Sept. 8 at Oprah's Santa Barbara home. Tickets start at $2,300.

In Dallas yesterday, Obama attended three fundraisers, one at Hotel Crescent Court, a low-ticket event at Gilley's for younger supporters, and a picnic at a private home in Prosper.

Obama also received more good news from New Hampshire where State Sen. Jackie Cilley pledged her support for Barack.

"I intend to work on this campaign. This isn't just an endorsement," she said. "I have an opportunity to really participate."




Register to Vote Facebook MySpace PartyBuilder Eventful YouTube Flickr

1 comment:

DANIELLECLARKE said...

I gave $50.00 yesterday for a freind i know who has been working real hard for the Obama Campaign for change in hopes he gets picked. His name is sheldon from doylestown pa.

Myself i can't get the time away due to having no car or transportation. I also am a disabled vietnam veteran living with an 84 yr old woman. She needs my help and thanks to her i am not homeless. I get a couch to sleep on and free food. This is a blessing to me. Sometimes she even lets me borrow her 2003 honda hybrid, which she did last week so i could drive to Virginia and see my 90 yr old WWII veteran Dad. He just had a stroke. He can't talk and he didn't want to apply for veteran benifits because he was more concerned with Iraq veterans needing help. My dad lays in a old bed in a medicaid facility. The bed is the crank up style. They don't have air conditioning. Right now i am awaiting an approval for my dad to get into a veterans facility close to me in Phila pa, but i have to wait because he never applied previously and i have had to apply for him myself.

I am very hopeful Barack gets elected so he can help elders and veterans and homeless to be able to save elder's (Like the woman I am helping) from going into old age homes by creating a program for students to share homes with the elderly.

All i can say is i am giving everything i can to help Barack get elected. I am past 1/2 way in what i am allowed for primary giving. I have never before donated to a candidate. I can now because i get a small VA pension and well i can't but help this man ( as well as my own two childrens college fund and my two kids in Lusaka Zambia i adopted through worldvision and christianchildrensfund.

I would hope and pray everyone who can afford to help would do so. I am thankful for those with extra cash to be able to go to fundraisers for Barack.

Also there is a fundraiser for the national food bank that is running until august 15th. Its for Baracks 46th birthday august 4th. Please donate to it. To make your contribution go to
http://help.secondharvest.org/obama
I gave $100.00 but you can give less but please give in Baracks Name.

Respectively yours
Danielle Clarke

Popular Posts