Sunday, May 13, 2007

Senator Obama sends Mother's Day on official blog

For the first time, I think, Barack Obama himself wrote a blog entry into the official campaign blog. Here's is the Mother's Day message:


I would not be who I am without the mothers in my life.

My own mother, Ann Dunham, was the kindest, most generous spirit I have ever known, and what is best in me, I owe to her. My grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, loved my mother and me so completely that she rejected the bigotry that might have torn other families apart, embraced my parents’ marriage, and helped raise me. Today, there is another mother in my life – the mother of my two lovely daughters – my wife Michelle, a woman who radiates beauty, strength, and integrity, and continues to make me a better person.

But our mothers deserve more than just a holiday. So on this Mother’s Day, let’s rededicate ourselves to lifting those burdens that make the difficult job of raising children that much harder. Let’s care for them when they get sick. Let’s make sure they’re getting treated fairly at work. And when their working days are over, let’s make sure they can retire with dignity and financial security. And let’s also remember those mothers who can’t be with their families today because either they or their loved ones are serving our country.

In the end, this campaign is all about doing what my mother taught me to do when I was growing up – to keep working until the world as it is and the world as it should be are one and the same.

Happy Mother’s Day.


Barack




PhotoDemocratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) kisses his wife Michelle after the South Carolina Democratic party's presidential candidates debate at South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, South Carolina, April 26, 2007. (Jim Young/Reuters via Yahoo News)


Barack's mother had a huge impact




16 Votes


Walk for Change

















image

No comments:

Popular Posts