Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Barack's interview on WQAD, Iowa City

Barack Obama gave a one-on-one interview with Matt Hammill of Iowa City's WQAD radio station. Here's what he had to say about his development into a presidential candidate:


I did not arrive here because I had a father or family members who are powerful politicians. I do not come from wealth- I came here because I was a community organizer working with churches, helping people who had been laid-off from work at steel plants. As a civil rights attorney, as a state legislator, people can take a look and see that I have generally risen in politics based on relationships with folks at the grassroots level, and that is the reason I am in politics. I truly believe that there is a core decency to the American people and that ordinary people, if they have a chance to get the levers of power and make government responsive, usually make pretty good decisions and the country goes in a good direction.

Read Barack's whole interview here.

Walk for Change
















image

No comments:

Popular Posts